These Chocolate Chips Breakfast Buns are perfect to enjoy with a glass of milk, a cappuccino or a cup of tea.
You are also going to love these buns for a tea or coffee afternoon break, they are so moist and not too sweet, perfect for any time of the day.
I have used almond butter instead of common butter so this makes these buns healthier than ordinary muffins and sweet treats. Almond butter is a real superfood! it’s full of calcium, vitamin E and magnesium, plus the unsaturated fatty acids improve your blood cholesterol level getting rid of the ‘bad fats’ in your blood. What more do you want? A delicious sweet treat that is also good for you!
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 170gr Almond Butter
- 280gr Golden Caster Sugar
- 350gr Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Semi Skimmed Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, the egg and the egg yolk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients a bit at the time and keep mixing.
- Add 1 Cup of semi skimmed milk and the vanilla essense and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
- Use a muffins tray to bake, pouring 2 tsp of mixture for each buns.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 15 minutes.