You are going to love this skinny drunken chicken! it’s so tasty and moist and it’s perfect for a buffet.
I love chicken but sometimes it can be dry, expecially if you try and cook healthy versions of it. These chicken drumsticks are technically slow cooked in beer after been seared and caramelised. this process makes the chicken so tender that it will litterally fall off the bone when you go and eat it but still preserve its nice drumstick shape on the plate.
What you are going to love about this recipe is that after about 10 minutes preparation you can just forget it for about 1 and a half hour. I like the idea of my food cooking itself absorbing slowly all the gorgeous flavours while I do things around the house smelling the lovely dinner I’m about to eat 😀
- 10 Skinless Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery Stick
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500ml Lager (1 Can)
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop the carrot, the celery and onion very finely and start cooking them in a deep amd large non stick pan with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- After a few minutes on low heat, add the chicken drumsticks and sear in on high heat.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and 1 can of lager. Allow the lager to get to the boil, then set on very low heat and partially cover with a lead.
- Leave your chicken to cook for about 1 hour and a half or untill the souce is reduced.
- Enjoy :)