This Spicy Seared Salmon with bell peppers and garlic dip makes a great appetizer for any occasion, your guests will love it!
This is such a simple yet elegant way to present a salmon appetizer to your guest! It’s so easy and quick to prepare, just a few everyday ingredients and you can improvise it anytime. It’s also perfect for partys and buffet as you can prepare it in advance and store it in the fridge.
You are going to love the spice from the tabasco mixed with the sweetness of the bell peppers, with just a hint of grapefruit. I think I have discovered a great alternative to lemon to marinate fish as grapefruit is much more delicate on fish such as salmon. Also you can pan fry few slices of lemon and use them for decoration.
- 500g Salmon Fillet
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Grapefruit
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 100g Drained Canned Chickpeas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line a Sheet of alluminium foil on a baking tray, place the bell peppers and the clove of garlic on it and place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius. Take the garlic out after 10 minutes and leave the peppers for 30 minutes total.
- When you take the peppers out of the oven, place them in a clear plastic food bag, take out the air, seal it and leave to cool down. In this way it will be easier to peel the peppers once cold.
- Peel the peppers and place them in a food processor together with the chickpeas, 1 tbsp of olive oil, the roasted clove of garlic, 1 tsp of tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Process the dip until smooth.
- Cut the salmon fillet in little cube and place it in little cubes and place it in a bowl along with the juice of 1 grapefruit, 1 tsp of tabasco, salt and pepper and leave it to marinate for a few minute.
- Pan fry the salmon cubes in a non stick pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil for a few minutes.
- Serve the salmon with your dip, everybody will love it!
- This recipe make more or less 30 individual salmon's cubes appetizers.